The year-old was grabbing her washing from the metal rotary dryer in her garden when it was hit — sending up to a billion volts of electricity through her body. Jodie from North Cornelly, near Bridgend, South Bridgend dating website, says she was saved by her size six £5 Adidas rubber flip flops she bought two months ago from Sports Direct.
It's the best £5 I've ever spent.
But she heard a storm rumbling overhead, so ran out to bring in her washing, slipping on her flip flops as she went outside. When she put her right hand on the line to swing it round, she heard a crackling, and was blinded by white light.
I could just see white everywhere and I had goosebumps everywhere. It frightened the life out of me. She said she saw this fork of lightening above my head.
She couldn't believe it. It felt like loads of time was passing by. I was trembling head to toe, I couldn't stop shaking.
The doctor — who had also been struck by lightning two years before - said there was no lasting damage and sent her home. Jodie, who is still suffering from pains in her head and down the right side of her body, added: "He said I was lucky to be alive. There arestrikes a year in the UK and an average of three deaths.